Gingivitis not only causes pain due to complications but also causes bad breath. However, you can fix this situation quickly from simple methods. The ways to cure gingivitis introduced to you by Dr.Muoi in the article below will be quite effective if you know how to start treatment early. Watch now.
1. Simple home remedies for gingivitis
The fastest way to cure gingivitis – salt water
Salt is considered a natural antiseptic with the ability to help heal wounds quickly. Salt water has the effect of soothing inflammation, limiting infection, reducing gum pain and fighting bad breath, using salt water is one of the most effective, safe and fastest ways to cure gingivitis.
- Dissolve 2.5g of salt in a glass of warm water.
- Gargle with the solution for 30 seconds and then spit it out.
Note: Only rinse with salt water for 30-60 seconds, do not hold for too long, to avoid erosion of tooth enamel due to acidic salts. If you can’t calibrate the dose of salt to make a mouthwash, find an alternative – use Dr.Salt salt water that has been prepared with a standard concentration, safe for the oral cavity and effective in treating gingivitis. .
How to treat gingivitis with guava leaves
Many studies show that guava leaves contain many active ingredients with strong antibacterial properties, helping to destroy plaque and keep breath fresh. Therefore, the simple way to cure swollen gums is to use guava leaves to cook mouthwash at home.
- Choose 5-10 soft guava leaves, wash and dry.
- Crush guava leaves and add 225ml of boiling water.
- 15 minutes later, you sprinkle a little more salt in.
- Finally, gargle with the above solution for 30 seconds.
Note: Although guava leaves are quite benign, users should not swallow mouthwash to avoid causing adverse reactions. In addition, should persistently perform this method 2-3 times per day to bring high efficiency.
How to cure gingivitis with fresh garlic
The composition of garlic contains natural antibiotic active ingredients, has an effective bactericidal and antiseptic effect. Therefore, many people have used garlic to treat inflammatory diseases, including gingivitis. Just take a few cloves of garlic crushed with salt and apply the mixture to the inflamed gums. This is an effective folk remedy for gingivitis.
How to cure swollen gums with massage
The gentle massage will help reduce the pain in the gum area somewhat, although it does not relieve all the pain, it has an immediate effect to help you not have toothache and pain anymore.
How to cure gingivitis at home with marjoram and guise leaves
These are two foods that are extremely effective in treating toothache and inflammation quite well. You can use marjoram and bay leaves to eat with food every day, or crush 2 types of leaves and apply them to the swollen gums. After 1-2 days of application, you will see the effect.
How to cure gingivitis with fresh ginger
The way to treat gingivitis at home that few people know is to use ginger. Many studies have shown that ginger contains many compounds called Zingibain, which have strong anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, you can use ginger to relieve gum pain, control inflammation and improve the smell on the exhale.
Method 1: Chop the ginger into small pieces and put it in warm water. Drink this mixture 2-3 times a day until the pain is completely reduced. Note: Do not mix ginger juice, it will cause body heat.
Method 2: Take 1 fresh ginger branch, smash it and apply it to the red swollen gums. Doing it once a day will help cure swollen teeth effectively.
How to cure gingivitis with clove leaves
Clove leaves are known for their anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. At the same time, this leaf is also used a lot in home remedies for gingivitis, reducing toothache, and preventing plaque from forming.
- Wash the cloves and pat dry.
- Boil clove leaves with water for 7-10 minutes.
- Squeeze the water to store in the refrigerator for later use.
- After brushing your teeth, use this water to rinse your mouth for 60 seconds, use your tongue around your mouth to remove all plaque. Then spit it out.
How to cure gingivitis with sage leaves
This home remedy for gingivitis has the ability to quickly relieve pain, inhibit the production of bacteria and control the formation of plaque. Therefore, using sage leaves to treat gingivitis is considered an effective, cost-effective and easy solution.
Method: Wash sage leaves with water. Then bring the herbs to make tea with boiling water. Drink sage leaf tea twice a day to reduce inflammation quickly.
Note: Because this is a folk remedy, it requires the patient to be persistent in using it for a long time to see the effect.
How to cure gingivitis with coconut oil
Coconut oil contains a lot of lauric acid, so it has a strong anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect. Regular use of coconut oil can help reduce plaque, whiten teeth, and prevent recurrent gingivitis symptoms. Therefore, this medicinal herb is also known as a fast and safe way to cure gingivitis.
- Put about 5ml of coconut oil into the oral cavity.
- Gargle for 20-30 minutes and then spit it out.
- Rinse your mouth with clean water and then drink a full glass of water.
- Then you brush your teeth as usual.
Note: After rinsing the mouth, coconut oil will be mixed with harmful bacteria. Therefore, do not swallow coconut oil, avoid toxins entering the body.
Gargle to treat gingivitis with lemongrass essential oil
A study has shown that lemongrass is effective in treating oral diseases. Therefore, you can use lemongrass essential oil to cure swollen gums, remove plaque and keep your breath fresh. You just need to dissolve 2 drops of lemongrass essential oil with 200ml of water. Then, use the above solution to gargle for 30 seconds and then spit it out.
Note: Dilute lemongrass essential oil to avoid causing heat and gum irritation.
Gargle for gingivitis with aloe vera (aloe vera)
Aloe vera, also known as aloe, is a medicinal herb that is also used to treat swelling, reduce inflammation, and keep the roots of teeth strong. How to treat gingivitis at home with aloe vera is quite simple: Take the aloe vera meat and cook it with 200ml of water, then gargle with aloe vera juice for 30 seconds and then spit it out.
Gargle to treat gingivitis with tea tree oil
This is an essential oil extracted from the leaves of Melaleuca that has anti-inflammatory and hemostatic effects. Therefore, many people have used tea tree oil to treat oral diseases such as gingivitis, bleeding gums, mouth ulcers, etc.
- Dissolve 3 drops of essential oil in warm water.
- Use the mixture to gargle for 30 seconds then spit it out.
- You can also add 2 drops of essential oil to your toothpaste when you brush your teeth directly.
Note: Absolutely do not mix concentrated essential oils, avoid causing allergies or rashes. In addition, tea tree oil has the potential to interact with some dietary supplements and herbs. Be very careful when using this remedy.
Gargle with turmeric gel to treat gingivitis
Turmeric has strong antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, often used to apply topically on scratches. With the above mechanism of action, many people use turmeric gel as a simple remedy for swollen gums. Simply apply to inflamed gums to relieve pain, heal bleeding, and tighten soft tissues quickly. After 10 minutes, spit it out. Reapply twice a day for best results.
Gargle for gingivitis with Arimedadi oil
Arimedadi oil is considered as a natural mouthwash for receding gums, without any side effects. Moreover, this oil also slows down the development of plaque, helps strengthen teeth, reduces pain and swelling, and effectively cures gingivitis.
- Keep 5ml of Arimedadi oil in your mouth for 20-30 minutes then spit it out.
- Rinse mouth with water and spit it out.
- Drink a full glass of water and brush your teeth as usual.
Note: Arimedadi oil is contraindicated for subjects with sinusitis.
2. Remember 5 notes when applying gingivitis at home
- Use dental floss and increase brushing time for longer: Patients need to brush away plaque before they form tartar to limit the risk of spreading inflammation.
- Choosing the right mouthwash for gingivitis: Choosing the right mouthwash is very important. Avoid choosing those of unknown origin and brand. For homemade mouthwash, pay attention to store it in the refrigerator and use it for the specified time. In addition, absolutely do not swallow gingivitis mouthwash regardless of natural or chemical ingredients.
- Please consult a doctor before use: For some special cases such as pregnant or lactating women, people with sensitive oral cavity, … should consult a doctor before using the treatment mouthwash. gingivitis.
- Visit a doctor when the condition worsens: Even though you have applied home remedies, the pain still persists, the gingivitis lasts for a long time, you need to go to reputable facilities for timely examination and treatment. time.
- Proper oral care: In order for home remedies to work best, you should take care of your teeth properly. At the same time, this also contributes to improving bad breath when breathing and preventing other dental diseases.
Through the information above, hope you have understood gingivitis and how to treat it at home. Apply early for the treatment to have good results. In addition, if you are interested in mouthwash products Dr.Muối As mentioned in the article, you can visit nationwide store chains such as Vinmart, Bach Hoa Xanh or Guardian to buy immediately. The product is recommended by experts as an effective treatment for gingivitis for children 6 years of age and older and adults.
You Can Refer To More Articles:
Should I wash my nose with physiological saline?
Tips for Treating Allergic Rhinitis with Physiological Salt Water Simple and Effective
Instructions on how to hydrate with salt water to treat bad breath