Canker sores are a very familiar disease for everyone. The disease occurs when the oral cavity is damaged, causing burning pain and discomfort when eating. In addition, the disease has many other symptoms. So what is the fastest way to cure a cold sore? Let’s find out with Dr.Muoi through the following article.
1. What is canker sores?
Canker sores are also known as Aphthous ulcers. This is a small, shallow sore that develops in soft tissues in areas of the mouth such as the cheeks or lips, underneath the tongue, or on the gums.
Before you get canker sores, you may feel a burning sensation in your mouth. Then, in the mouth will appear a sore with a round or oval shape, the color can be white or yellow, surrounded by a red border.
Symptoms of mouth sores only last 7-10 days, are capable of healing on their own and do not leave scars. If the illness persists for more than two weeks, you need to go to the clinic right away.
2. Causes of canker sores
According to Vietnamese folklore, having a sore throat is eating too much hot food, or being affected by hot weather. However, modern medicine has not been able to determine the main cause of this disease.
There are many factors involved in the formation and development of mouth sores:
- Weakened immune system.
- Allergies to sensitive foods such as: Chocolate, coffee, cheese, nuts and smelly fruits.
- Psychological stress and stress can make you often suffer from mouth ulcers.
- Helicobacter Pylori virus and bacteria cause peptic ulcers.
- Hormonal changes, Hormones during menstruation.
- Injury to the mouth, scratches caused by toothbrushes or after braces, teeth are accidentally bitten.
- Mouth torn from sharp, hard, or abrasive foods (for example, toast, chips, or other object).
- A common cause of canker sores is poor nutrition, deficiency of Vitamin B12, zinc, Folate (Folic Acid) or iron.
- Eating spicy foods that cause body heat is the cause of frequent mouth ulcers.
- Use toothpaste and mouthwash that contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
- Infection with HIV virus (AIDS) or certain genital diseases.
- The body is allergic to certain bacteria present in the mouth.
3. Manifestations of heat in the mouth
When suffering from canker sores, one or more white spots with a size of 1-2 mm can be observed in the mucosa. The white spots get bigger, succulent and burst all at once after a few days, forming ulcers. Ulcers can gradually enlarge, cause burning, affect eating, daily communication.
In 7-10 days, the ulcer area will be inflamed, swollen, hot, red, painful. This greatly interferes with the process of eating, chewing or swallowing food.
In addition, you can also have a shallow abscess in places such as: under the tongue, under the mucosa, above or below the vestibule, when inflammation is often red, swollen and very painful. If it is more severe, it can cause high fever, swollen glands in the jaw and difficulty in eating.
When the sores turn white and become less painful, canker sores begin to subside.
4. How to cure mouth sores effectively at home
Usually mild mouth ulcers just need to take antibiotics, oral hygiene, pain relief, anti-allergic, enhance resistance. Know the causes of mouth sores and how to treat them below:
Use mouthwash containing Steroid Dexamethasone, Capocaine to help reduce pain and inflammation. You can also use Dr. Salt to replace, this is considered an effective and economical way to treat mouth ulcers.
Use topical medications containing Benzocaine, Fluocinonide or Hydrogen Peroxide to relieve pain and speed up wound healing.
Burn mouth sores.
Supplement essential nutrients for anti-inflammatory and recovery process: Folic Acid, Vitamin B6, B12, …
5. Methods to prevent canker sores
How to prevent canker sores is not difficult. You just need to avoid causing damage to the mucosa when brushing your teeth, or chewing food. Make sure to rest, live in moderation, exercise regularly, and avoid stress. You also need to clean your teeth thoroughly by rinsing your mouth daily to avoid infection.
Gargling with salt water will help speed up the recovery of soft tissues, making ulcers heal faster. At the same time, salt water also has the ability to effectively disinfect, regular use will help prevent canker sores. This is an effective way to treat mouth sores that many people appreciate.
Dr.Muối. mouthwash with a benign 0.9% NaCl concentration is the fastest and most effective way to treat mouth sores. Dr.Salt is made entirely from natural sea salt, contains many beneficial minerals such as K, Ca, Mg, …
Dr.Salt mouthwash contains many minerals.
At the same time, the purified water has also undergone a rigorous water purification process: Multi-stage deep filtration, deodorization, ion exchange, reverse osmosis filtration, ultraviolet sterilization on Culligan equipment from the US and Italy.
Currently, Dr.Muoi mouthwash is distributed through many sales channels both Online and Offline, with a price of 1 bottle of 500ml only 27,000 VND, which is very suitable for all families. You can go to Bach Hoa Xanh, Long Chau pharmacy, An Khang pharmacy, … to buy directly or buy on online sales channels like Tiki, Lazada. Use Dr.Salt to cure mouth sores quickly and protect your teeth today.
Gargle with salt water regularly.
You should limit eating fried, spicy, greasy foods, drink lots of water, supplement vitamins with fresh vegetables, especially Vitamins B1, B12. If you wonder what to drink with canker sores, consult your doctor to supplement the necessary amount of iron and zinc for the body.
With children, parents need to guide them in the right way, in the right way, by gargling with warm salt water every day. Do not let children stay up late, eat a lot of fast food, do not follow the schedule.
6. What to eat and what to limit when having a sore throat??
Doctors recommend that when suffering from canker sores, you need to ensure the necessary nutrients in your daily diet menu:
- Should eat boiled dishes, limit fried foods, drink a lot of water and eat a lot of vegetables, tubers, fruits and vegetables.
- Add tea dishes from black beans, green beans to purify and detoxify the body.
- Fortify Vitamins B, C, iron, zinc from food, or prescription drugs.
- How to get rid of mouth sores fastest? Eating yogurt every day is the answer, because the microorganisms in yogurt help heal ulcers, reduce symptoms of pain.
If you experience painful mouth ulcers, or frequent cold sores, you need to see a doctor for definitive treatment.
Canker sores are a common and often encountered disease. However, as long as people clearly understand the causes and progression, they can treat canker sores at home, extremely economical and effective. Hopefully the information that Dr.Muoi shared above has helped you to increase your understanding of this mouth disease. See you in the next articles.
You Can Refer To More Articles:
Should I wash my nose with physiological saline?
Instructions for Self-healing Sinusitis with Physiological Salt Water
Tips for Treating Allergic Rhinitis with Physiological Salt Water Simple and Effective
Instructions on how to hydrate with salt water to treat bad breath