Statistics of the National Institute of Odonto-Stomatology recently showed that the number of children in Vietnam with tooth decay is on the rise. Notably, up to 80% of children aged 4 – 8 years have tooth decay and more than 90% of children do not have proper oral hygiene.
Brushing your teeth every day should be a habit that any child should be guided by their parents to protect their teeth. However, brushing or improper oral hygiene will be an opportunity for bacteria to grow and attack the gums, attacking the teeth and wearing away the enamel layer. The following article will guide parents in detail on how to properly care for children’s teeth from 1 to 9 years old.
1/ Causes of dental disease in children
1.1. Adults are subjective when taking care of children’s teeth
Many parents are not really aware of the importance of taking care of their children’s teeth from a young age, thinking that their children are still young and do not need to brush their teeth every day.
This easily leads to tooth decay in children, not only affecting their oral health temporarily, but also leaving lasting disadvantages for children in the future: other health problems, low self-esteem when communicate.
1.2. Abuse of canned food, fast food
The eating habits of Vietnamese people have changed quite a lot according to the fast pace of modern life.
The fresh foods of the past are gradually being replaced by fast food, canned food, instant food, and sugary bottled drinks. Children who follow this diet are also prone to dental problems.
1.3. Habit of consuming foods and drinks with high sugar content
2/ Potential risks when children have dental disease
Baby teeth have a lifespan of 6 to 12 years and are replaced one after the other, not simultaneously. Therefore, it is necessary to take care of children’s teeth regularly and properly, and take them to the dentist for regular check-ups. If a child is found to have tooth decay or other dental disease, it is necessary for the child to be treated immediately, to avoid long-term exposure to serious illness, forcing the tooth to be extracted.
3/ Instructions for taking care of children’s teeth properly
- From 8 months to 2 years old: When your baby has not yet teethed or has just erupted a few first teeth (starting at the age of 8 months), clean the baby’s gums with a soft gauze soaked in warm water or diluted salt water.
- From 3 to 6 years old: Children begin to grow molars and in turn replace permanent teeth. Parents can let children brush their own teeth every day and monitor their children’s oral care habits, making timely adjustments when children do not do it properly.
- From 6 to 9 years old: Adults should still monitor the brushing of children’s teeth regularly and maintain regular dental check-ups.
- Children should make a good impression on the dentist and routine dental check-ups. Periodic dental check-ups for children every 3 months. Do not threaten to take your child to the dentist to have their teeth extracted if the child is not obedient.
- Give praise after children brush their teeth, make them think positively about this habit, children will be interested in taking care of their teeth properly to have healthier and more beautiful teeth.
- Choose age-appropriate toothbrush and toothpaste. It is advisable to prepare several flavors of toothpaste and several different toothbrushes so that children have more choices.
- Brushing together with children to help them get used to a fixed brushing time, can teach children to count numbers to make sure they brush enough time.
- Create a habit for children to use mouthwash to brush their teeth to eliminate bacteria and help deodorize the oral cavity.
Dr Muoi mouthwash helps children take care of their teeth effectively at home
Dr.Muối with natural sea salt ingredients available with minerals such as Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium… and the purity of the groundwater is strictly treated to ensure that it helps users eliminate bacteria and prevent sore throat and tooth decay. effective. The product is suitable for children 6 years and older.
Hopefully the information in this article will help you better understand how to care for your child’s teeth as well as choose the right products for your family. You can buy Dr.Mui at Vinmart+, Bach Hoa Xanh, Guardian, An Khang Pharmacy, Long Chau Pharmacy, .. in big cities like Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Can Tho, Da Nang.
You Can Refer To More Articles:
Should I wash my nose with physiological saline?
Tips for Treating Allergic Rhinitis with Physiological Salt Water Simple and Effective
Instructions on how to hydrate with salt water to treat bad breath